Does RoHS Apply to You?
Use this flow chart to determine whether the equipment you manufacture or sell is affected by the RoHS directive.
1. Does the equipment run on electrical current or electromagnetic fields ?
2. Will the equipment be sold inside the European Union?
3. Is the equipment designed for use at a voltage less than 1000V AC or 1500V DC?
4. Does the equipment fall into one of the following categories?
- Large household appliances
- Small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Lighting equipment
- Electrical and electronic tools (with the exception of large-scale stationary industrial tools)
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Automatic dispensers
5. The equipment is exempted from the directive's scope because:
- The equipment is part of another piece of equipment that is not in the directive's scope
- The equipment is a large-scale stationary industrial tool
- The equipment is associated with or used in the protection of the interests of the security of EU states and is intended for military purposes
- The equipment is arms, munitions and defense material designed specifically for military purposes
- The equipment is an implanted and installed medical device
- The equipment is a spare part intended for repair/reuse of electrical and electronic equipment put on the market before July 2006
The equipment is in the scope of the directive and the directive applies.