Mersen Environmental Policy
Our objective is to improve our environmental performance throughout our products’ life cycle by including environmental considerations in all stages in development, production and sale of our products and services.
Part of achieving this is the establishment of an environmental management system, integrated with the existing quality management system, which meets the requirements of ISO 14001 at our sites around the world.
Our policy, consistent with the Mersen's environmental policy, consists of 5 broad directions which provide a framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets:
- acting at the design stage of new products and processes, to protect the environment and human beings through a concern to prevent pollution,
- providing our customers with high-quality products while minimizing the environmental impacts,
- complying with environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements to which we subscribe and, if necessary, assisting in development of environmental rules and regulations pertaining either to locations or to products,
- monitoring, reducing (when possible) and controlling the wastes and the use of toxic substances, including the use of recycling technologies,
- constantly searching for ways to reduce consumption of water, energy, raw materials and packaging.